Spice up your burger menu and embrace the tastes of the Orient. Made with chicken thigh for a more cost-effective cut of meat. For a more festive adaptation, simply swap to turkey in the lead up to Christmas!
- Mix the oil and curry paste in a bowl, add the chicken and mix until coated.
- Grill the chicken for 10-15 minutes until cooked through and slightly charred, then leave to rest.
- Mix the lime juice (leave some for later) and chilli in a bowl with a pinch of salt and sugar. Add the cucumber ribbons and toss in the lime mix. Leave to quickly pickle.
- Mix the lime zest and remaining juice with the mayonnaise.
- Toast the potato buns until light and golden.
- Build the burger by layering the lime mayonnaise, lettuce leaves, grilled chicken, drained cucumber ribbons, coconut, slices of the red chilli, coriander leaves before finishing with Thai sweet chilli sauce.
- Serve with lightly spiced poppadoms or deep-fried crispy noodles.
- Top tip: For a seasonal twist, swap the chicken for turkey for a festive burger option.