Kara's doughballs are really versatile and a cost-effective ingredient. Garlic Knots make a brilliant choice for starters or sides.
- Take a Kara doughball and roll it into a long sausage shape. Cut into five equal pieces and tie the dough into a knot.
- Leave the dough to prove in a tin for around 30 minutes until risen.
- Coarsely chop the garlic and mix with the sea salt.
- Melt the butter and add in the garlic (be careful not to burn!).
- Once the knots have proved, pop a little of the butter on top (reserving the majority of the butter).
- Cook for around 10 minutes until nice and golden. As soon as they are out of the oven, top with the remaining butter and garnish with some chopped flat-leaf parsley.
Top Tip: Make this a vegan recipe and swap the butter for a non-dairy alternative.
Storage & handling
- Kara’s Doughballs should be stored frozen at -18°C or below. Once defrosted, do not refreeze.
- Take the required amount of dough balls from the freezer and place 2″ (5cm) apart on a baking tray. To avoid the doughball skinning, cover with a lightly greased film and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Once defrosted, store in the fridge (5°C) and consume within two days.