Transform Kara dough balls into a traditional Turkish Pide Bread - just another great way for Wholesale Bakers to utilise this versatile ingredient. Enjoy by itself or as a side dish to succulent meat or layered pasta dishes.
- Blend the onion, tomato puree, garlic, green pepper, spices, salt and pepper until transformed into a chunky consistency.
- Add the mince to the blender and blitz to form a chunky paste.
- Cut the dough in two and roll out the pizza base to the desired thickness.
- Spread the meat paste onto the base and top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Bake on a pizza stone for around 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley, pomegranate seeds and sesame seeds before serving.
- Top tip: Swap the meat filling with cheese or vegetables to adapt to vegetarian and vegan menus.
Storage & handling
- Kara’s Doughballs should be stored frozen at -18°C or below. Once defrosted, do not refreeze.
- Take the required amount of dough balls from the freezer and place 2″ (5cm) apart on a baking tray. To avoid the doughball skinning, cover with a lightly greased film and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Once defrosted, store in the fridge (5°C) and consume within two days.