Lahmucan is a type of street food that's popular in Turkey. Using Kara doughballs, our interesting recipe helps restaurants, street vans and pubs expand their pizza menus.
- Blend the onion, two tomatoes, parsley, green pepper, spices, salt and pepper until a chunky consistency is formed.
- Add the mince to the blender and blitz to make a chunky paste.
- Roll out the pizza base to the desired thickness and prick with a fork to reduce rise.
- Spread the meat paste onto the base (it makes a brilliant alternative to the traditional tomato!) then top with the remaining two tomatoes (cut into quarters) and crumbles of feta cheese.
- Bake on a pizza stone for around 10 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve with a side of raita.
- Top tip: Cater for vegetarian diets by replacing the mince with tofu, tempeh or haricot beans.
Storage & handling
- Kara’s Doughballs should be stored frozen at -18°C or below. Once defrosted, do not refreeze.
- Take the required amount of dough balls from the freezer and place 2″ (5cm) apart on a baking tray. To avoid the doughball skinning, cover with a lightly greased film and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Once defrosted, store in the fridge (5°C) and consume within two days.