For a spiced alternative to your burger menu, try our Paprika Chicken Burger. Gently marinated in smoked paprika, with chilli for an extra level of heat.
- Place all marinade ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Place the chicken into the bowl of marinade. Mix well and leave to marinate in the fridge (minimum for 1 hour).
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / Gas 6.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot, add the marinated chicken strips. Cook on a high heat for 1-2 minutes. Turning once so they brown on both sides.
- Transfer the chicken onto a baking sheet and finish cooking in the oven for a further 5 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve: build the burger. Start by lightly toasting the sourdough bun then add a generous spoonful of guacamole. Top with rocket leaves, then the chicken strips. Finish with sliced red chillies, pomegranate seeds and either another spoon of guacamole or soured cream (we used soured cream).
- Serve immediately with a side of lightly salted sweet potato fries or crunchy salad bowl.