The ultimate in fusion food! Mix the flavours of Asia and the Mediterranean for a tasty pizza with a delicious twist.
- Mix together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, water, and brown sugar into a wide pan. Gently bring to the boil. Thicken with a teaspoon of cornflour.
- Fry the beef strips in a little olive oil then add to the sauce and mix well.
- Carefully roll the Kara Dough Balls to the desired thickness and prick over with a fork to prevent too much rise.
- Spread the meat and sauce mix onto the pizza base.
- Generously top with red and green pepper, black olives, sweetcorn, spring onion, chilli and mozzarella.
- Bake on a pizza stone for around 10 – 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with a side dish of chilli sauce for extra spice.
Top Tip: Make this vegetarian by swapping the beef strips for smoked tofu. Don’t forget, there are lots of alternative toppings that you can use to accommodate dietary requirements. Take inspiration from vegetarian ingredients or choose vegan bacon and vegan cheese for a dairy and meat-free alternative.
Storage & handling
- Kara’s Doughballs should be stored frozen at -18°C or below. Once defrosted, do not refreeze.
- Take the required amount of dough balls from the freezer and place 2″ (5cm) apart on a baking tray. To avoid the doughball skinning, cover with a lightly greased film and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Once defrosted, store in the fridge (5°C) and consume within two days.