Turkish eggs on Genius Gluten-Free Bread makes for a delicious brunch dish. The heavenly combination of fiery chilli with cool yoghurt and flavoursome mint make for a heavenly and gut-friendly way to serve fried eggs. Want to take it one step further? Add asparagus for a gorgeous burst of colour and extra fibre boost!
- Brush both sides of the soft and tasty Genius Gluten Free Bread with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in an oven preheated to 200C for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over a low/medium heat. Gently fry the onion and asparagus with salt, pepper, fragrant cumin and chilli until the onions have softened. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place into a bowl. Mix in the lemon juice.
- Return the pan to the heat and fry the eggs until the whites are set but the yolks are still nice and runny.
- Place the high fibre toast slices on a serving dish and dollop a dessert spoon of live yoghurt bursting with good bacteria onto each slice. Top with the spicy fried onions and asparagus, and gently place the eggs on top.
- Garnish with mint and serve immediately.
- For an extra boost to your gut, add 100g of asparagus tips. You can also sprinkle the finished recipe with seeds for an added crunch of high fibre.