For a fruity twist on a classic dessert, why not try our fruity Bread Pudding made from our Gourmet Brioche Buns? Our simple recipe combines leftover sandwich breads with a few staple baking ingredients to form a quick and tasty homemade treat. Fruit can be switched out depending on what’s currently in season.
- Carefully dice Kara Gourmet Brioche Buns into small, bite-sized pieces and place in an oven-proof baking dish. Top the Brioche Buns with ripe berries of your choice (we chose fresh raspberries and blueberries).
- In a mixing bowl, carefully remove the yolks from all 8 eggs and discard the rest. Softly whisk the egg yolks with the caster sugar to create a light and fluffy mixture.
- In a pan, carefully begin to boil the milk over a low heat (for extra flavour, add the seeds of a vanilla pod and combine). Once boiling, slowly whisk the milk into the mixture – this is your custard.
- Pour the custard mixture over the berry-topped Brioche Buns and transfer the dish into the oven. Bake for 30 minutes at 180°c until golden brown.
- Serve in a bowl with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a small dollop of crème fraiche.
- Top tip: For a quick and tasty breakfast, re-heat and enjoy the next morning with your choice of hot drink!