This Easy Pumpkin Soup is a heart-warming favourite, no matter your culinary skills. Using fresh ingredients, it's quick and easy to make and a real must-have on a cold autumnal evening. Best served with a Kara White Petit Pain - Full or Part Baked Roll.
- Place the diced pumpkin, onion, garlic and potato into a large pan and pour over the stock.
- Boil rapidly for 20-25 minutes or until the pumpkin seeds become soft and tender.
- Once tender, blitz in a blender until changed into a smooth consistency.
- Add the cream to the mixture (leaving some for the garnish) and add salt and pepper as required.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with a dollop of cream and a sprinkling of toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Serve with Kara’s White Petit Pain.
How to toast pumpkin seeds
- Warm a frying pan over a medium heat and drizzle in a little oil.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and fry until the seeds start to pop.
- Remove from the pan and use for garnish.