Dough Balls from Kara Foodservice are an extremely versatile ingredient for wholesale bakers. For a quick takeaway option or a sweet treat to accompany a hot cappuccino, try making these delicious Cinnamon Rolls.
- Add the butter, sugar and cinnamon to a large bowl and mix well.
- Roll the Kara Dough Balls into a rectangle shape and carefully spread the cinnamon mix across the dough.
- Roll the dough lengthways (to create a sausage shape) and cut into even pieces. Place onto a tray or on the inside of a muffin tin to hold shape.
- Leave to prove for around 30 minutes.
- Place in a pre-heated oven and cook for around 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, decorate with lemon icing (made from a mix of icing sugar and lemon juice).
- Top tip: Transform this into a vegan-friendly recipe by swapping the butter for a non-dairy alternative.
Storage & handling
- Kara’s Doughballs should be stored frozen at -18°C or below. Once defrosted, do not refreeze.
- Take the required amount of dough balls from the freezer and place 2″ (5cm) apart on a baking tray. To avoid the doughball skinning, cover with a lightly greased film and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Once defrosted, store in the fridge (5°C) and consume within two days.