A great way to use doughballs across the food menu, Apple Streusel Pizza is a tasty option for family takeaway desserts. Swap with seasonal fruit to showcase seasonality on your menu.
- Carefully roll out the dough ball to the desired shape and prick with a fork to avoid the base from rising too much.
- Spread the base with apple pie filling and top with slices of the Braeburn apples.
- Blitz together the butter, flour and sugar until it resembles breadcrumbs (or, to save time, use a ready-made crumble mix).
- Add cinnamon to taste and top the apples.
- Bake on a pizza stone in a preheated oven for around 10 minutes.
- To decorate, mix the icing sugar with lemon juice to make a simple lemon icing and then drizzle all over the pizza.
- Serve immediately with luxury vanilla ice cream.
Storage & handling
- Kara’s Doughballs are ideal for delivery or takeaway menus.
- Kara’s Doughballs should be stored frozen at -18°C or below. Once defrosted, do not refreeze.
- Take the required amount of dough balls from the freezer and place 2″ (5cm) apart on a baking tray. To avoid the doughball skinning, cover with a lightly greased film and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Once defrosted, store in the fridge (5°C) and consume within two days.