The ultimate in fusion food! Mix Asian with the Mediterranean for a tasty pizza.
- Mix the oyster sauce, soy sauce, water, and brown sugar into a pan. Bring to the boil. Thicken with a teaspoon of cornflour.
- Fry the beef strips in a little olive oil then add to the sauce and mix well.
- Roll the Kara doughball to the desired thickness and prick over with a fork to prevent too much rise.
- Spread the meat and sauce mix onto the pizza base.
- Generously top with red and green pepper, black olives, sweetcorn, spring onion, chilli and mozzarella.
- Bake on a pizza stone for around 10 – 12 minutes.
- Serve with a side dish of chilli sauce for extra spice!
Top Tip: Make this vegetarian by swapping the beef strips with smoked tofu. There are lots of alternative toppings that you can use to accommodate dietary requirements. Take inspiration from vegetarian ingredients or choose vegan bacon and vegan cheese for a vegan alternative.
Storage & Handling: Kara’s Doughballs should be stored frozen at -18°C or below. Once defrosted. Do not refreeze.
To defrost: Take the required amount of doughballs from the freezer and place 2″ (5cm) apart on a tray. To avoid the doughball skinning, cover with a lightly greased film and place in the refrigerator overnight.
The doughballs are best used within 24 hours. Maximum storage in the fridge (at 5°C) is 2 days after defrost.